What happens if the tower is not working properly? First thing, don’t panic!
|What happens if the tower is not working properly? First thing, don’t panic!|
Actually, many things could go wrong! We might not even be aware of the many inconveniences that can occur to an industrial plant when the water cooling tower is not working properly.
Some of the causes are:
- malfunctioning of one or more components that make up the tower (breakage, wear, fluid hammer, high temperature)
- encrustation, algae and clogging of the water or air side passages
- bad design
We shall focus on the last point, i.e., bad design.
Bad design is due to:
- thermal load assessment error
- water tower temperature outlet assessed with great accuracy
- wrong design assumption for the we-bulb air temperature
What will happen in the various plants?
Usually the tower, used in industry, serves:
- plants for the production of chemical products
For each different plant, the damage caused by a non-functioning tower can be calculated in terms of production lost.
In the next posts, we will analyze the risk and try to resolve bad accuracy in the design work with the help of our followers.